Honda CBR 600 RR

Brabus

Ok, another little question for the experts here;

Think I will finally settle on a second-hand CBR 600 RR from 2004. In absolute mint condition and not many miles. HOWEVER, it has run restricted to 25KW and although the seller will de-restrict it for me will the engine be in a worse (or better) condition than a bike that has run un-restricted? confused.gif

Interesting one that.

So the air intakes have basically been restricted so that the bike wont rev as quick, make as much power etc etc.

Why on earth would they do that to a CBR 600, let alone a RR version?!

If it is true, and not just sales BS, then I cant see it being an issue. Infact the bike has probably not been reved and thrashed as 99.9% of the others have (c'mon you know you would too!) which would def make it more attractive to me.

Or you could argue it the other way as many of the parts need to be run at different revs across the range to allow them to bed in properly. You may find things start breaking pretty quickly once you start banging 15000 rpm through it!

It if were me then I wouldn't like the sound of it but that is totally a personal opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

Why on earth would they do that to a CBR 600, let alone a RR version?!

[/ QUOTE ]

People sometimes do it to save buying 2 bikes; if you don't do the 'direct access' test, you're limited to riding a restricted bike for the first 2 years after you pass. 169144-ok.gif

We have two categories here in Switzerland A(25kw) and A (over 25kw). I think if you're under 20 you need to run a restricted bike for two years...or something like that.

Anyways, restricted 600cc bikes are common here but like Busby says, I'm worried about the internals of the engine not being used in the same way as an un-restricted bike would be.

Garage will give me a full 12 month warranty but I don't want a bike that is underpowered/consuming too much oil or petrol for example... confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

My RVF has the 25kw (33bhp) retrictors, they don't stop the bike from revving all the way to the red line. But the CBR6RR is more likely to restricted via. ecu than washers like mine.

Have you rode it? will it rev all the way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Lee, yeah it will rev all the way so I'm pretty sure it has washers like yours. Are you going to de-restrict yours or get another bike?

I shall get another bike this summer, it is derestricted at present (for off road use) but my two year restriction probation is up shortly and i'll probably chop it in for a 600 or something bigger. Full power is only around 60 bhp on it so i'm hoping i am ready for something with a bit more power. 169144-ok.gif

Here is the bike in question:

1114191-DSC00068.JPG

1114191-DSC00069.JPG

Anyways I wont be buying for a couple of reasons 1) It's been restricted and I was incorrect, it limits the revs 2) The price, the garage said the owner wants an extra 500 GBP all of a sudden so I told them to feck off.

I've made my mind up on a GSX R 750 K7 now instead, brand new in matt black.

beerchug.gif

post-10-137914394283_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

I've made my mind up on a GSX R 750 K7 now instead, brand new in matt black.

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Great choice. 169144-ok.gif

Now I've seen the pics, I'd have advised against buying it anyway. What would bother me is that it's not a standard paint job and as such it could have been dropped, or worse. I've nothing at all against fancy team paint jobs, but that looks like it's been painted to cover something up. I could be wrong though.

[ QUOTE ]

The owner of the garage was actually pretty cool advising me against buying saying that it had been thrashed everywhere and that the owner was a bit of a knob-end.

That's the kind of honesty I appreciate 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds a bit odd to me? Why would he be trying t put you off? sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The owner of the garage was actually pretty cool advising me against buying saying that it had been thrashed everywhere and that the owner was a bit of a knob-end.

That's the kind of honesty I appreciate 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds a bit odd to me? Why would he be trying t put you off? sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he knows something about the bike I don't. In any case I'll be buying a new GSX R from him so he'll get some kick-back on that deal instead.