MIlton Keynes Meet - Wed 4th April

shao_khan

Wednesday 4th April in Caldecotte Arms, usually 1930 - 2000hrs in the rear of the main car park (Turn left as you pull in and then right along the back of the car park) - look out for a group of suspicious looking individuals eyeing up various cars.

Venue as usual:

The Caldecotte Arms

Bletcham Way

Caldecotte

Milton Keynes

Buckinghamshire

MK7 8HP

01908 366188

858537-Caldecotte.jpg

Ahh but there's four of them in MK! Although the one on the southbound Grafton Street is shut at the moment for what looked like a major rebuild when I drove past tonight (Ikea run, don't ask). The northbound station opposite looked to be open. 169144-ok.gif

Now if they'd just close that useless one on the A422/Monks Way (by VW HQ) that hasn't had V-Power since it's launch...

Well okay, three in MK and one in Newport Pagnell at the foot of the truly magical B526.

As I think I mentioned in your car last time, that V-Power-less one on the 422 caught me out in January. Was coming home from the south coast via Oxford, hence had just driven right passed the Stacey Bushes garage..... doh! Cue a VERY spirited drive back.

Stacey Bushes again it is. This was we can rac..... sorry follow Nik and Richard back up the A5.

Ian

Edit. Hang on - are there really two opposite each other on Grafton Street, M1 style? Never realised that!

[ QUOTE ]

Edit. Hang on - are there really two opposite each other on Grafton Street, M1 style? Never realised that!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, 2 on Grafton Street plus 2 on the A422/Monks Way (Stacey Bushes + Blakelands) = 4, plus the Newport Pagnell 1 pump (V-Power) shack.

Like a twat, I've been driving to either Newport Pagnell or Flitwick to fill up on V-Power whenever it's needed - discovered last week there's a Shell station in Kempston blush.gifslap.gif

Hi there

Great to stumble accross your very well attended meet in progress. Some very nice looking cars! Had a brief chat with ian and he told me about tyresmoke.net.

Would like to attend the next MK meet (in full) if you have room!

Cheers

Mark

[ QUOTE ]

Great meet! Excellent turn out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. Thought I'd accidentally arrived at the Windsor meet there were that many people. Was nice not feeling intimidated by the cupra.net guys at the other end of the car park for once. tongue.gif

I'll definitely bring the VX220 next time after it's had it's mods. Just about to gingerley drive it down to the local garage to get the brake pads replaced after Tuesday's abuse at Bruntinghtorpe. grin.gif