Commuting Bike - Naked, Powerful and Thin !

Hudson

I currently have a CBF600 which although reasonably ''thin'' still weights in at 200kg plus. My main use for my bike is to commute into work, i do not go out at weekend as i ride all year. I was thinking about a V twin ?? I do not have a lot of motorway travelling so never really get above 70mph, i had heard that Aprilia are bringing out an 850 vtwin auto/tip bike in the summer beerchug.gif This may sound a nightmare to ''prober'' bikers but for the daily grind into work this may just be the goose that laid the golden egg. Any other suggestions.

Oh and i would like it to be reasonably light but not a sports bike grin.gif

These are pretty cool I think.... I was looking at one the other day and thought.... yeah thats a neat well designed bike.... perfect for commuting

ER-6n.jpg

Or this looks handy for the morning traffic thrash...

2007_YBR250_Detail_04_tcm26-142846.jpg

I am sure SneakyMcC will be along shortly to lecture you on Motards..... znaika.gif

I looked at the Kwak before buying the Honda but wanted the build quality associated with Honda due to me riding all year round, the idea of the Aprilia is very interesting, it sounds like a ''proper bike'' but with commuter roots. The torque figs also seem pretty impressive and it has the fuel tank in the seat leaving the ''tank'' for luggage ! Some very nifty ideas, i just don't know a lot about the make and how good in terms of build quality and reliability Aprilia actually are.