East of England - Rutland Water Meet - 20th May

harddrive

Sorry folks - another drop-out I'm afraid frown.gif

I've got to help sail a mate's yacht from Lowestoft to Fosdyke Yacht Haven on the Wash - we leave HW Saturday and all being well will arrive there on Sunday morning - weather permitting. Was supposed to be doing this last weekend, but we chickened out with the F7-8's forecast!

Hope some of you still make it as it's a nice place and have a good meal. I really will try for 3rd time lucky, although sadly it won't be in the S4 sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

OK. So is anyone other than the Bedford contingent planning on going on Sunday?

If nobody else is planning on going, lets save 30 miles each way and go to Grafham Water and eat at Perry instead. tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. According to GoogleMaps, this Grafham place would be about the same distance as Rutland for me [maybe even slightly less].

That said, I'm not 100% confirmed for this anymore; I'm still getting over my recent hospital stay. If my brother feels like going too, I'll go but let him drive and just give him the money for petrol... Otherwise I think I might have to miss this one crazy.gif

Don't let that affect which pub you choose though; I'll do either if I am going 169144-ok.gif

Anyone, even Vauxhalls! sekret.gif

May I suggest that the long standing Tyresmoke members who are 100% definitely attending post below during the course of Saturday. As Techie mentions above, there is no way we are both driving to Rutland from Bedford to meet up with each other - we only live two miles apart! However, if a few people are fully committed then hell yes I am going to make a journey north.

Techie, you have a pm.

Ian

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone, even Vauxhalls! sekret.gif

May I suggest that the long standing Tyresmoke members who are 100% definitely attending post below during the course of Saturday. As Techie mentions above, there is no way we are both driving to Rutland from Bedford to meet up with each other - we only live two miles apart! However, if a few people are fully committed then hell yes I am going to make a journey north.

Techie, you have a pm.

Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely you want any TSN members, not just long standers? smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

who said anything about vauxhalls?

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU did!! Check my title under my username......... sekret.gif

Anyway, as mentioned above, Techie and I are not going to be driving all the way to Rutland for a nice romantic Sunday lunch for two when we can do that in Bedford.

Oh hang on, that came out wrong........

Seriously, a bit of a shame, especially considering the weather has improved after the drizzle this week. Oh well! Roll on Windsor Virginia Water.

Ian

M16, don't worry about Ian_C, he's not as spooky as he sounds but is directly wired into Government and Manufacturer databases and is the TSN in-house font of knowledge on all things automotive.

[original text removed]

A fine choice of motor there (if that is what you drive). We've got a few members on TSN that drive some modded Monaro's and I think we're all in love with the noise they make.

Neither Ian or I are going to bother with Rutland tomorrow as unfortunately, it looks like nobody else can make it now. As Ian mentioned, the Windsor meet is always well attended and there is a more local bi-monthly meet in Milton Keynes (which usually happens on the first Wednesday every other month) and is due to happen in the first week of June. Like others have said, anybody in any kind of car is welcome; it's definitely not Audi only! Hope to see you at one of the meets in the not too distant future.

Matt beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

M16, don't worry about Ian_C, he's not as spooky as he sounds but is directly wired into Government and Manufacturer databases and is the TSN in-house font of knowledge on all things automotive. I'm suspecting he might have looked up your username as it looks like a reg number and comes back with the following info:-

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is the case then IMO theres a line between what is acceptable in remembering information from what someone has openly posted and going out of your way to find information out about another member, a line which Ian frequently crosses.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

M16, don't worry about Ian_C, he's not as spooky as he sounds but is directly wired into Government and Manufacturer databases and is the TSN in-house font of knowledge on all things automotive. I'm suspecting he might have looked up your username as it looks like a reg number and comes back with the following info:-

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is the case then IMO theres a line between what is acceptable in remembering information from what someone has openly posted and going out of your way to find information out about another member, a line which Ian frequently crosses.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pure supposition on my part Botang; Ian may well recognise the number personally/professionally. For all I knew M16 might refer to somebodies preference in automatic weapon. I'm the guilty one here, I did go to the RAC website to see if that did bring back anything Vauxhall related and did publish the results.

So for that, I apologise to anyone that has taken offence and am standing in the corner of the room feeling suitably chastised. UHOH7.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

M16, don't worry about Ian_C, he's not as spooky as he sounds but is directly wired into Government and Manufacturer databases....

[/ QUOTE ]

Moi? Never! yelrotflmao.gif

Newbie (and I mean that expression in the polite sense for - contrary to popular belief - I don't know your name) you may wish to change your user name from 'M16' to something more subtle. Posting your car vrn on the net isn't advised.

Click 'home' then 'Personal information, email, password, etc.' to modify your display name. It will require moderator approval.

Ian