nurburgring?

Veracocha

[ QUOTE ]

Hi mate,

I'm also pondering whether I'm gonna get two trips in this year. If so one needs to be fairly soon. If only one then it'll probably be Aug/Sept.

No plans at the moment though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm looking for a trip around the same time, Aug/Sept, probably a week day jaunt.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Scumball is there August 19th... We could meet up for a pint if you're about. wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Only 'a' pint ? You lightweight....

[/ QUOTE ]

He's only thinking about you, Duisberg. Doubtless it'll be 48 pints for the rest of us... tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Well i just got quoted £400 for a day at the ring in my .:R, from the same company that did the last 2 track days for £150 each... Seems a hell of a lot,

[/ QUOTE ]

But the Ring is one hell of a track. Nothing like you would have ever done before. When I was there in July there was atleast 1 accident per lap I did. There were 3 closures of the track on that 1 day. They don't call it the "Green Hell" for nothing. ECLIPSe.gif

The best advice I can think of for someone who's not been before or is worried about crashing is to go when it's quiet. The first time I went was a mid summer sunday last year and it was so busy you had to queue in the road outside to get on the track. When it gets like that outside, it gets super busy on track and of course the percentage of nutters go's up with it!

I'm looking to go 14/15 may which is midweek and hopefully a lot quieter and safer. I'm perfectly confident to drive around the ring but it's worrying thinking about some of the nutters around you.

Still, if you've ever had more than a passing interest in cars it's worth going there for the car park alone and to see this girl in action:

1137473-Sabine%28Medium%29.jpg

post-12966-137914397207_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

I'm perfectly confident to drive around the ring but it's worrying thinking about some of the nutters around you.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes that is a good point after looking at some of the vids/stories from there!

I read somewhere where someone was suggesting if you can't afford the increased insurance costs, or stomach the cost of repairs yourself then don't go. Good advice personally. Hence why I pulled out of a trip this month.

Hmmm, im not too fussed about insurance as will probably take the motorbike and if I bin it then tough poo. Its not the same as some of you guys with £20,000+ cars. Its the most amazing track and becomes more addictive the more you go on it. The atmosphere can't be captured on the video games - its worth experiencing for real.

The only time I get off in the near future is mid/late may so may see you there S3 Rob.

Last time I was there was July and the temps were nearly up to 40C, it was perfect for sticky tires smile.gif

hi dave,

it went well in the end. have been in for over a year now and am in phase 1 flying training as a navigator - good fun but hard work and lots of dicipline etc which was never my strong point wink.gif Have been up flying hawks in cyprus which was pretty amazing!

how are the businesses going? will not doubt be down to newquay for RTTS 07!