News - BMW M1 could be go for 2008 launch.

News_Stig

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It does look better from this angle:

1148236-bmwm1rad_2_560px.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.. still minging.. it looks cheap smashfreakB.gif

Sort of.. i can't afford a real M3 so this tin pot is what i got frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thats the point. The M3 is near as give a damn £60k. The M1 will be circa £40k or the same price as the E46 M3... There are enough people complaining about the price, but it does seem like a bit of canabilization from BMW...

Don't forget they are only an artists impression not the real thing. I quite like the sound of such a small car with such a powerful engine.

If only Audi would follow their lead with an RS3. UHOH7.GIF

It might not be to everyones tastes looks wise but at least it seems they have the balls to put it on the road. coffee.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It does look better from this angle:

1148236-bmwm1rad_2_560px.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.. still minging.. it looks cheap smashfreakB.gif

Sort of.. i can't afford a real M3 so this tin pot is what i got frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thats the point. The M3 is near as give a damn £60k. The M1 will be circa £40k or the same price as the E46 M3... There are enough people complaining about the price, but it does seem like a bit of canabilization from BMW...

[/ QUOTE ]

EEK2.GIF What a pile of dung.gif that thing looks like. IMHO it's the b'stard offspring of a Vx Nova saloon, a 1er and a branch of Halfords.

From the side, that chop looks ok(ish) but if you catch a glimpse of the front/rear then you'd better make sure you have a sick bag ready.

Shame really as the idea has appeal but not looking like that and not at anything close to £40k. Why would anyone pay that (APART from for the badge) when you could do any number of more interesting things with the money.

I can't help but think that the 335i more or less makes this redundant, especially if you buy lightly used and DMS it, along with possible light suspension mods (I'm assuming they're available).

• 1 month later...