The R6

Lee_

Finally picked the R6 up this week, It was dry this morning so I managed to get out for a quick ride this morning and take some photos. Impressions so far are good, it seems pretty quick even though it can't be revved past 8k at the minute. It doesn't seem as smooth as the RVF though. 169144-ok.gif

Say nothing about the chicken strips, its only done 107 miles so far. grin.gif

Also, fitted an Evotech tail tidy this morning, Ordered dinner time yesterday and arrived this morning. Its a very well made piece of kit and very easy to install, also came with everything needed to fit it, including cable ties. I think it looks superb and tidies the back up brilliantly. 169144-ok.gif

DSC00159.jpg

DSC00158.jpg

DSC00157-2.jpg

Fitting the tail tidy,

Rear of the year? grin.gif

DSC00152.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

The dash doing its little dance on key on.

DSC00166.jpg

That is absolutely stunning!! cool.gifbowdown.gif

When i went to have a look around at South Wales Superbikes that was the one bike that stood out for me, its defo the nicest of the 600 class imo, but the rear was ruined by that horrible number plate scaffolding frown.gif

It just goes to show how little about bike accessories i know, as i didnt even think about looking for one of those tail tidies. Looks sooooo much better now, and as it should of done from the factory!

You lucky thing, have fun on her! 169144-ok.gif

DSC00157-2.jpg

This is a great angle Lee 169144-ok.gif

I must say the tail tidy is worth every penny and so much better than the standard Yamaha lash up. A 6x8 plate would finish it off a treat.

How are you finding it? Have you had much of chance to get some miles under its belt? I'd really like to know what you think of the motor and if it's a big enough step from the RVF in normal fast road riding.

BUB beerchug.gif

I'm still running it in at the minute so unfortuantely I can't venture anywhere near the power until its done 1000 miles.

It does feel very different to the RVF. Its a very different riding position. At the minute I don't really feel 'connected' to the front end. Which is something I'm hoping will improve with time.

It defintely doesn't have the same low to midrange as the RVF either, also I don't think the engine is as smooth. Its still early days at the minute though. As for a big enough step over the little Honda, I'd say it is, even though I can't rev the damn thing.

After its been run-in I'll write a full back to back comparison of the two. In the mean time though, the Honda is just too good to get rid of. 169144-ok.gif