Windsor Meet - Wednesday 30th May 7pm

Daz

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good meet again guys - lots of banter and test drives (thanks Ben - lovely 996 TT you've got there. Brave man letting me drive though 169144-ok.gif)-

hope you enjoyed the CSL Roy and Dan (got a bit carried away at one point and did a 180 degree power-on oversteer slide at the entrance to the tank factory near Chobham demonstrating M-track mode! oops!)

Cracking meet again. Thanks for the demo run, Si. M-track mode very interesting at entrances to tank factories! CSL is definitely a beast. If only that induction noise could be imitated on every car....... Now where did I put the deeds to the flat.........

Got home at 1am. M25 closed at Jct 16 northwards. All traffic diverted onto M40. Almost followed Daz down the M4 ramp, but went back onto the M25, joined the inevitable queue and then drove up the M40 to Bicester.

Would *like* to say I know the Oxford-Bicester-Buckingham-Milton Keynes-Bedford run like the back of my hand (I'm half Oxford with some family still based there) but I miscounted the roundabouts on the Buckingham ring road! Thought there was one more to go, but I found myself tanking into a deserted roundabout expecting to find a 'straight over' exit to find there wasn't - only a left or right. Thankfully the trusty 205 just gripped like a dream and I took the right exit. No understeer, no oversteer, no drama.

Replaced the driving lamps this month, and the difference is bigger than I thought. You notice it most when you go back from main beam to normal headlights - where has all the light gone!? Anyway, the replacement driving lights really helped during this late night cross country hoon. I'm still buzzing.

Ian

Good to see everyone again - I'll remember the venue next time so apologies to all who were following me blush.gif

Shark - Sorry mate - we should have used the M40 - M1 was shite, hope it didnt add much to your journey.

As for speed I think you must have me confused - never went above 4k revs.......

[ QUOTE ]

Almost followed Daz down the M4 ramp

[/ QUOTE ]You were obviously paying attention then! The M4 was closed too. I didn't take the M4 but the Heathrow T4 turnoff instead. If you'd followed me you would have been totally fecked. lol.gif

Once again another great meet and considering the weather earlier in the day it turned out to be a nice evening too. Food was excellent and the service was very quick. beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Cracking meet again. Thanks for the demo run, Si. M-track mode very interesting at entrances to tank factories! CSL is definitely a beast. If only that induction noise could be imitated on every car....... Now where did I put the deeds to the flat.........

[/ QUOTE ]

glad you enjoyed it Dan. The noise is really addictive isn't it? More so with the sports cats now.

As I said, the overall CSL package is great but its not such a big leap up from the R32/S3 on twisty roads etc - all the cars are fast but you've got to put more into the CSL to get the same or slightly better results but to me that is the real enjoyment of the CSL's driving experience. With a more balanced chassis and the noise, you just feel its a totally different car.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Hopsta has bailed also (I'm sure his Mrs had something to do with it grin.gif) but I'm still up for the M25 challenge 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

fekr.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have come mate, it was nice to catch up and let Sita enjoy himself in the TT and try not to listen to Simon and John about Turbo tuning grin.gif

Great meet as always 169144-ok.gif and to echo what Dan said about the CSL.. what a beast of a car, that noise is haunting me and I've had to ask the Mrs to hide the deeds to the house grin.gif

Sorry to hear about the window Ben I believe its the plastic clip on the runners that has broke, unfortunately a common problem on the MK4 frown.gif

See ya'll next time 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Almost followed Daz down the M4 ramp

[/ QUOTE ]You were obviously paying attention then! The M4 was closed too. I didn't take the M4 but the Heathrow T4 turnoff instead. If you'd followed me you would have been totally fecked.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first sign I saw was M25 closed Jct 16. The second sign I saw was M4 closed Jct 1 - 3. Hence I got back on the M25 and didn't follow you. Not being a London boy I didn't know where 1 - 3 was. Ideally would have liked to take the A355 that runs between the M4 and M40 just west of Slough, a route Botang took to Windsor a few years back.

The drive up from the 308 was.... er.... interesting Daz! Reminiscent of Getaway In Stockholm with the roadworks....

Ian

[ QUOTE ]

Great meet as always 169144-ok.gif and to echo what Dan said about the CSL.. what a beast of a car, that noise is haunting me and I've had to ask the Mrs to hide the deeds to the house grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - utter torture and you asked for it! 169144-ok.gif I'll make up a CD of the sound and you can play it whilst going down the road - kinda like automobile-ambient-Banco de Gaia like.. smile.gif