Milton Keynes meet - Wed 6th June

shao_khan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent meet! beerchug.gif

Just like April, a wonderful turn out. Even more impressive considering the sun was well and truly hidden being the clouds for the duration. Didn't make for the greatest photography, but I shall post a few of the highlights tomorrow.

Shao, our master and founder, will consult us all over the coming fortnight or so with regards to making Milton Keynes monthly again over the summer. Judging by tonights positive atmosphere I can see the next meet being Wednesday 4th July.

Ian

A most excellent meet with a great selection of cars thanks guys. It was nice too know a few peeps before i arived this time round.

Additional thanks go to Nick for the VAG scan and making the horn bleep when the car is locked (damm usefull) and to Graigyb for making me very jealous indeed (what a car!!!)

Yeah, great meet (and meat).

Followed up with a nice open top blast back home. Found that keeping above 80 leptons prevented any water ingress problems and what a difference the Xenon HID conversion plus X-treme Power bulbs made. It's hard to believe I actually found a car with even worse standard headlights than my old B6.

Your HIDs are great! cool.gif

Nice drive home indeed. Noticeably less traffic than normal due to being that little bit later after trying to find Shell V Power.

Just off to Sainsbury. Will edit photo's when I get back. Hopefully stiggy will open me a new album tonight.

Ian

[ QUOTE ]

Good to meet you guys and to see your cars, especially the vx, I've been bashing the calculator all day trying to find some funds from somewhere!

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you liked it. If you want a closer look and have a little play with it, drop me a PM and we can meet up and see whether it suits your needs. I'm only over in Bedford and seem to be in MK most weekends..... ECLIPSe.gif

<font color="red">June MK Meet Album</font> beerchug.gif

Thank you once again everyone for your support. June gave a thoroughly warm welcome to newbies Anthony in the Jabba Beetle and Peter in the S4 Avant. Techie and KG Man didn't quite get the same greeting at their respective first meets: In fact, it's a wonder they weren't scared off for good!

Photographic feedback welcome. Complete lack of sun throughout the entire evening made things a bit slow. Tripod would have helped for the later night shots, but Techie would have probably grabbed it and battered me round the head with it! Cheers for your patience though Matt - I'm pleased the results.

Ian

Hey, great meet everyone!

Too many people and not enough time to speak to everyone (nice to be able to say that), but hopefully I did at least say hello to all. I was so busy talking that I completely missed rides in the VX and S3. smashfreakB.gif Maybe next month? 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

so busy talking that I completely missed rides in the VX and S3. smashfreakB.gif Maybe next month? 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. Hopefully the sun will decide to stick its head out next time and make it even more enjoyable.....

Have a great Le Mans Nik and see you next month. beerchug.gif

Top pics there, Ian. I'm really surprised the snaps of Shao's S3 through the rear window came out as clear as they did (the VX not being the most stable photographic platform ever invented). Also surprised those shots as we bore down on the bikers didn't have more sensation of speed, it was 100+ leptons at that point. Still it woke them up as I suddenly appeared beside them grin.gif

Loving the night shots as well, that Shell garage has great lighting for night shots like that. Love the total blackness in the backgrounds. Wouldn't mind a copy of those in full resolution! Good work 169144-ok.gif

Have to confess the first two 'driving' pics (21 & 22) were actually taken whilst standing still, waiting to pull out the car park, hence the relative clarity. The one from the VX looking backwards at the S3 straddling both lanes was taken on a flat straight section. Seem to recall just wedging the camera against your head rest for stability and trying to make the most of the opportunity.

A situation like this is one of the many reasons why I prefer my IXUS to an SLR. The baby Canon is quick to react and flick between settings. A heavy SLR would have been useless in the confines of the VX interior, trying to shoot backwards over my right shoulder with a seatbelt on. 'A contortion act' as Techie himself joked in the car park afterwards!

Ian

Hehe, that is a seriously tacky picture of me and my Golf! Soz I couldn't bring the Audi this time chaps, I had to bring the Golf so that NikW could do a VAGCOM to try and diagnose an annoying intermittent fault, so big thanks to Nik. Even more annoying than the fault itself was that there was no fault codes found (aside from a couple of unrelated ones), and we are talking about 'Engine Workshop!' on the dash here. Jeez..

Anyway, should be bringing the A6 next time so that gives me plenty of time to get her ready.

Was a good turnout again, plus it was an honour and a pleasure to meet our master and founder bowdown.gif.

As before, the company, the venue, the food and the drink were all top-drawer and I thoroughly enjoyed the evening. That W12 was truly awesome in the flesh and made me extremely jealous!

See ya next time chaps! (hopefully monthly in the future).

• 2 weeks later...