Buxton Meet dates in September ?

CarMad

Right people, many have mentioned when the Buxton meet is going to be and who is arranging it etc. So here goes nothing.

Last year it was done around the 17th of September so what do we think it could be Sunday the 8th, Sunday the 23rd, what do people prefer ? Maybe go earlier in the month this time ?

We need to time this right so we don't miss the summer UHOH7.GIF. Last time we had a great turn out and a brilliant drive on some fantastic roads afterwards ECLIPSe.gif and some stunning cars turned up, oh and the weather was great as well. I think we will use the same venue as last time, it had a good car park, some great roads near it and people could order food for themselves without problem and it was good food. SPericani2.gif

Oh and if your interested about coming add your name in below. 169144-ok.gif

-------------------------

CarMad - Car Unknown - 2 People (I may even get my other half to attend) grin.gif

Don't book anything around my availability.

Currently I'm available any weekend, however Mrs A8_Tony is due to give birth on 16th EEK2.GIF

If all goes as well as last time, then we'll be about 2 1/2 weeks early (end August) so will be able to make it. But if she drops on the day, or just before, then I'm afraid it'll be a NONO3.GIF

CarMad - Car Unknown - 2 People (I may even get my other half to attend)

Sparky - Audi S3 - 2 people

sayerbloke - BMW 328i coupe - 1 person

Daz - RS4 - 1 person

A8_Tony - Audi A8 - 2 people, 1 mini-me(possibly 2) and a bump(or not laugh.gif)

Please make it the 23rd, the 16th clashes with another meet sekret.gif

Daz - RS4 - 1 person

A8_Tony - Audi A8 - 2 people, 1 mini-me(possibly 2) and a bump(or not )

TDiAvant - RS4 - 1 person (if it's the 23rd)

Right it seems we do have a slight clash and thanks for TDIAvant for making us aware. 169144-ok.gif

It seems the 16th is off so its either the 23rd of September or before then or later on obviously (not wanting to give too many options ROLLEY~14.GIF). If anyone else wants to give any opinion on the above dates then please post away before I create a thread for the meet itself.

Thanks. beerchug.gif

23rd's good for me.

Daz - RS4 - 1 person

A8_Tony - Audi A8 - 2 people, 1 mini-me(possibly 2) and a bump(or not )

TDiAvant - RS4 - 1 person (if it's the 23rd)

shark_90 - don't know sekret.gif 1 person

Following the recent small turnout on the summer BBQ event, may I suggest a small initial deposit (£5/£10?) from everyone who puts their name on the list.

If you turn up, it goes towards your food. If you dont, it goes in the kitty to buy everyone else some food/drink.

Just trying to make it a bit easier for the organisers.

I have to be honest, I didn't know it was catered and given the nature of these events, the distance people travel, and the inevitable fact that a lot of people do drop out, it's probably not a good idea that further meets are catered.

I don't see anything wrong with the tried and tested method of warning a pub that we'll be there, and then ordering food from the bar menu.

The location we are using for the Buxton meet will be turn up and order what you want. Its a shame so many people didn't turn up on the last meet but that won't be an issue with this venue.

We had plenty there last time, but even if there are only a few people it won't matter, they are just missing out on driving some of the best roads in the country and hopefully seeing some great cars and people. 169144-ok.gif

Can't remember if I was at the last Buxton meet, but I do remember one I went to with Shark, John Carter and Smitten - and the blast we had through some of those roads trying to keep up with an S8. If John hadn't stopped to pick flowers so often it would have been even better! grin.gif

Helicopter speed traps now though. frown.gif

Yes I was wondering if I missed one last year?

I remember meeting you Sparky briefly at a Buxton meet - that was 2005 though!

I'm ok for any of those dates, and will try and make it, kids or not - they enjoyed the last one!

Are we talking about meeting at that place again (2005) or was there somewhere different in 2006? Daz recommended it i think and the management were friendly when rang them and said a bunch of freaks from the web were going to be comparing exhaust notes in their car park!

Nope its a different place altogether Chav place we went to was great. Its also a good drive to get up to the cat and fiddle. 169144-ok.gif

The Rams Head

Buxton Road West

Disley

Stockport

SK12 2AE

Lottie sorted things out last time but she hasn't been around much recently don't know why hopefully she and others will be there as well. beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Last year I was sandwiched between two A8s, one a V8 the other a W12 and we were chasing a RS4, 645i and a Megane 225

[/ QUOTE ]

And thanks to traffic on that narrow road heading away from the pub, I got separated from you lot and got lost, along with everyone behind me who blindly followed me, until Garcon got us back on track. blush.gif

I think I'm on holiday the last two weeks of September, so I guess I won't be holding anyone up this year... crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Last year I was sandwiched between two A8s, one a V8 the other a W12 and we were chasing a RS4, 645i and a Megane 225

[/ QUOTE ]

And thanks to traffic on that narrow road heading away from the pub, I got separated from you lot and got lost, along with everyone behind me who blindly followed me, until Garcon got us back on track. blush.gif

I think I'm on holiday the last two weeks of September, so I guess I won't be holding anyone up this year... crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the group got split by the lights - I'd suggest the actual run starts from a point away from the car park whereby everyone has made it out and turned from the junction/lights to keep cars together or else the run isn't as good... frown.gif

I recall the turtle making an average of 16.1 on that day compared to her normal 27-29ish... yelrotflmao.gif

I might be able to make this, not sure at the moment where I am in September but its a good venue and excellent food. 169144-ok.gif