[Audi A3/S3] Needle sweep on startup on new S3

AZURES3

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not even sure I like it as it looks to the uninitiated like there's an electrical fault on the dials when the needles suddenly ping over smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine doesn't look like an electrical fault!

[/ QUOTE ]

Used to get this effect on my old Fords when a resistor went in the instrument pod!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

That's odd, because the clutch press requirement was new functionality for MY2008. Not sure why you don't have the dials option. ECU patch could easily add the sweep function.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont believe there is such a thing as a 2007 model year for the S3 to be honest so maybe the ECY patch will fix it 169144-ok.gif

AZ

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't believe that there was a distinct '07 model year for the S3, the "7" in your VIN might help to convince you (10th character, I believe). I deliberately waited until June for my car to make sure it was an '08 MY. Sure enough, it has an "8" in the VIN.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair point, with all that has been going on in my life I forgot we are over half way throught 2007 smashfreakB.gif

Blimey my car will be a year old in 4 months !

AZ

[ QUOTE ]

Used to get this effect on my old Fords when a resistor went in the instrument pod!

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif I remember a friends Focus had a dodgy battery and it did that needle sweep continuously when you put the key in the ignition. I may have made a comment about that being the only time he'd see 140 on that speedo. tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif I remember a friends Focus had a dodgy battery and it did that needle sweep continuously when you put the key in the ignition. I may have made a comment about that being the only time he'd see 140 on that speedo. tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gif

AZ

I just read a review of the new A5 and the reviewer comments that the two main intruments, speedometer and tachometer, have a new feature "When you switch on the engine, both the needles whiz round to the full extent and then drop back to zero"

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sparky

[/ QUOTE ]

John, for me to turn on/off the sweep, I do the following:

DIS Menu > Set > Indications > Dials (tick/untick).

Hope that helps. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I've had a good look around in the DIS and can't find any mention of dials under the set menu. It could be a vagcom job or just not possible.

Regards, John.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sparky

[/ QUOTE ]

John, for me to turn on/off the sweep, I do the following:

DIS Menu > Set > Indications > Dials (tick/untick).

Hope that helps. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I've had a good look around in the DIS and can't find any mention of dials under the set menu. It could be a vagcom job or just not possible.

Regards, John.

[/ QUOTE ]

beerchug.gif John

Right that's it I am going to order an S5 tongue.gif

AZ

• 1 year later...