Milton Keynes Meet - Wednesday 5th September

Ian_C

Wednesday 5th September, 7:30pm for 8pm at the Caldecotte Arms, Milton Keynes. 169144-ok.gif

Are people tempted to make the most of the summer sunshine? This meet belongs to YOU: if people want to meet, then meet we shall.

Any enthusiast is welcome. Potential MK meet newbies please post below so we can look out and welcome you! Feel free to pm Shao Khan or myself if you want to collect a mobile number just if you are anxious about arriving not knowing which faces to look for!

The Caldecotte Arms pub is off a dual carriageway - look for the Windmill! With attendance back on the up, in recent months we have been totally unmissable.

My last album should anyone want a flavour of what they are letting themselves in for. Believe ScoobySimon and Techie would like a CD of high resolution images of their cars.

The Caldecotte Arms

Bletcham Way

Caldecotte

Milton Keynes

Buckinghamshire

MK7 8HP

01908 366188

858537-Caldecotte.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Grey discovery 169144-ok.gif

where do you all meet .. I mean, do you meet in the carpark, or the bar?

[/ QUOTE ]

At the far end of the rearmost arc of the car park. People usually start to arrive around 7:30pm onwards. The SEAT guys are usually parked up in formation nice and early: whilst they are not with Tyresmoke, they 'say hello back' so to speak. As in the photo I linked above, together we managed a nice clean line in April. Nik even reverse parked for once!

Ian tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the car park until we get too hungry/thirsty/cold. Just look for the car geeks. UHOH7.GIF

Tobes, any chance of seeing the now-fully-fit Caddy? notworthy.gif I'd love a spin in that...

[ QUOTE ]

I should be along for my second ever appearance, I have been in contact with a chap on the Lancia Stratos site who lives locally and may be along with his motor, waiting for confirmation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feck me, that would be awesome if he could make it. Not something you see everyday.

Was due to be in Chester on Wednesday next week so looked like I wouldn't be able to make it. But, managed to rearrange things yesterday, so I should be there unless anything goes tits up in the meantime.

I'll probably be there in the VX, now in fast road/track trim, so still welcome to a ride if you want! 169144-ok.gif

XSP_8853.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Jesus that is low! EEK2.GIF

Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

Slightly misleading photo as that was under heavy braking from 100mph.

But, I do think it might be a little too low. Had a close encounter of the kerb variety in MK last weekend swinging the front round into a parking place.

I think the offside front inner edge of the tyre might also be rubbing against the arch liner as there is an occaisional rubbing noise. Only manifests itself on two long, fast but tightening left handers at Bedford due to the new camber settings and ride height. Apparently, normal fix is to get a hot air gun on the arch liner to heat it up and bend it to give it more clearance as it's a usual badly fitting Lotus item. Did check on the day too make sure it wasn't fouling on the upper wishbones or anything else I could see and no problem there.

[ QUOTE ]

Nah - hes just heavy tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there is that problem as well laugh.gif

But, when I had the suspension and track geo setup, I went for the full corner weighting option and had to sit in the car on top of the ramp for 3 hours whilst they adjusted everything to suit. crazy.gif

I think a diet might be the next performance mod required and will certainly be the cheapest 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the car park until we get too hungry/thirsty/cold. Just look for the car geeks. UHOH7.GIF

Tobes, any chance of seeing the now-fully-fit Caddy? notworthy.gif I'd love a spin in that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Should be able to make it, Not sure about fully fit? Fixed it Friday after refiting "now replaced" single mass flywheel. It been doing burnouts around Wellingborough town centre for the parade of power and been 0-60 testing it today! See you all Wednesday 169144-ok.gif