• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Also, many thanks to all who have kindly given my friend a jolly good ride in your respective cars! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....I think your friend Joe must have broken a record for number of rides in other people's cars grin.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was loving it. The GTI is playing on his mind now, but not a pink one though. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

He was loving it. The GTI is playing on his mind now, but not a pink one though. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....The pink ones are very exclusive grin.gif

Because of traffic (and a certain M3 up my backside) I didn't think I got the chance to show Joe more of what my GTI is capable of. Although no match for the M3, she's fun to drive and practical. She does have a noticeable edge on a standard GTI though.

169144-ok.gif

I was paying for my fuel with cash so I don't have receipts like I normally would, but I've just tried to work out my fuel economy from memory... I think I must have made a mistake somewhere because there's no *way* my car averaged 42mpg for this trip! I've had 35mpg out of it once and I'd be surprised if this weekend was as good as that journey, economy-wise.

Hi all, a great meet today - great company, great cars and some good nosh! SPericani2.gif

Lee- Thank you for the my first drive in a Boxster - a lovely lovely car - the sound is addictive and it is definitely one for the future possibles, very fun but natural feeling car to drive. Awesome. Loved the roof going down en route home as you cruised up to the roundabout... grin.gifcool.gif

Roy - thank you for the drive in the R too - only ever driven a Mk V one and yours is most certainly the hooligan despite only pootling down to the roundabout and back - foot to throttle and off into orbit you go!! ECLIPSe.gif

Good to meet some faces old and new, great to have 2 more tsn females there as well, and if anyone needs "dynalining" they know who to ask. wink.gif169144-ok.gif

My car is not dusty at all. SMOKE6.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

....Crikey! EEK2.GIF - 4 hours drive one way to a meet is very impressive 169144-ok.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

About what I was expecting, it could certainly have been worse. I stopped once for fuel but otherwise it was straight through. Only traffic problems were on the A3 for a bit and on the A11 at Barton Mills all the way through to Thetford [which is *always* a busy stretch, day or night].

Poole last summer was about 6 hours 50 minutes getting there, thanks to traffic and roadworks! smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I was paying for my fuel with cash so I don't have receipts like I normally would, but I've just tried to work out my fuel economy from memory... I think I must have made a mistake somewhere because there's no *way* my car averaged 42mpg for this trip! I've had 35mpg out of it once and I'd be surprised if this weekend was as good as that journey, economy-wise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, i seem able to get 40+ MPG cruising on the motorway in my 328. Annoying, because i couldn't get that in my 325TD blush.gif

Great meet, just got back UHOH7.GIF

Thanks to the rides and the drives guys, you certainly know how to make me feel shite about my car grin.gif

Loving the porka Lee, Roy that R is definitely a special one thanks for letting me ride her blush.gifwink.gif and Rich, my word what a lovely sound your M now makes notworthy.gif

Nice to see some new faces too ladies and gents 169144-ok.gif

Look forward to next time, might even be a damp non dusty car park for you jump.gif

Hey all,

Had a great time. Thanks again to Robin, Roy and Richard for making me feel I really need a new car! Will hopefull have one soon...

Loved what you've done with your Gti Robin, Roy your MK4 just sounds amazing! And Rchard your M is simply awesome!!

Was nice meeting you all, hope to see you next time.

Joe

[ QUOTE ]

Just for Jimmy (and the Mk4 .:R guys):

<font color="red"> Work Warning!</font>

It would be so rude to say no, wouldn't it grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Robin, with this being a forum many of us read at work, perhaps best to leave the pic as an attachment as I've edited above. 169144-ok.gif

With threads like 'Babes of Frankfurt' you know what to expect, but you don't expect semi naked ladies in a meets thread. We don't want to get anyone into trouble now do we?!

Ian